Oxfam North September events
Serena Tramonti Media and Advocacy Officer
7th Sep 2012
September will be a busy month for Oxfam in the north of England. We're looking forward to:
- Hearing about Jodie Sandford's experience of visiting Zimbabwe with Oxfam. Jodie - pictured above - will be talking at the Lakeside Methodist Centre, Newmillerdam, Wakefield, WF2 6QQ on 19 September, 7pm-8.30pm. Want to attend? Just let Harriett Roberts know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sharing ideas with other campaigners at the Northern Activism Summit in Manchester on 29 September. If you're interested in learning about getting involved with campaigning for Oxfam, email Nicola Sansom (email@example.com) for more details
- Cycling in style alongside Oxfam Bold Street for their fundraising bike hour. Meet outside the Liverpool shop at 5.30pm on 22 September.
- Hiking with Oxfam Leeds through the beautiful Wharfe Valley on their annual sponsored walking.
- Learning how to effectively communicate Oxfam's work to the media at Voices.
- Attending the Alderley Edge community book festival to hear readings from amazing authors and enjoy some family fun.
As always, you can tweet us @OxfamNorthEng or like us on Facebook.