Lee-on-Solent is a small standard shop looking to grow their shop team and profits. This role will support the shop manager with this growth, whilst learning all elements of running a successful shop and managing a business from shop floor layout to recruiting to managing priorities.
Successful candidate will then be able to manage the shop.
Ideally, you will be able to volunteer 2 to 3 days a week (the timing is flexible) for 1 to 3 months.
Working alongside the manager to learn all aspects of running the store. These include:
- Training and managing teams
- Stock control
- Health and safety
- Managing priorities
The ultimate aim, after full training and induction is carried out, is to ensure that you will be comfortable running the store in the store manager's absence and be able to lead a team.
Skills and competencies:
All training will be provided but preferable skills are:
- Enthusiasm and passion for great customer service.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team.
- Ability to plan your own workload.
- Comfortable with communicating by email and confident with Microsoft Office.
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- You will be helping Oxfam in its mission to build a just world without poverty.
- Gain experience in recruitment, training, mentoring, financial reporting and accounting.
- Learn how to hold meetings, manage a team, and resolve problems.
- Lunch costs and reasonable local travel expenses can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam's policy.