As we approach the anniversary of the Royal Wedding, Oxfam is preparing to launch a fantastic online weddings auction, offering future brides and grooms the chance to bid on exclusive items for a fraction of the normal retail price.
Oxfam's online wedding auction, supported by leading bridal blog Love My Dress, will run on eBay from the evening of Sunday 29th April to Wednesday 9th May 2012. The auction will feature over 100 items with a combined retail value of £70,000, including a package with an award-winning reportage photographer and celebrity hair-stylist worth £15,000, wedding gowns by top designers such as Jenny Packham, Sassi Holford and Tammam, and a flower girl dress by Nicki Macfarlane who made
The Duchess of Cambridge's bridesmaids' dresses last year.
Sassi Holford, bridal designer says: "I've been a long term donor to Oxfam's successful network of bridal shops, so I am thrilled to be able to donate a dress for this exciting online auction. There are some truly amazing items that have been donated and everyone has the opportunity to bid on any (or all!) of them!"
This unique auction, managed through eBay trader Stuff U Sell, also includes an exclusive consultation with Ian Stuart and choice of any of his Killer Queen dresses; a private consultation and champagne afternoon tea for two with sought-after wedding planner Sarah Haywood and cake-maker extraordinaire Peggy Porschen at her parlour in London's fashionable Belgravia; flowers from florists such as By Appointment Only and Philippa Craddock; and a luxury wedding tipi worth £5000. Couples who win items won't just get something special
for their big day; their money will go to supporting people to re-build their lives through Oxfam Unwrapped's emergency work.
Annabel Beeforth, ambassador for Oxfam Weddings and owner of Love My Dress - a UK Wedding & Lifestyle Blog, has helped the charity to pull together prizes from the best wedding suppliers in the UK. Annabel says: "I am so proud of all the fantastic suppliers that have donated such gorgeous items to the auction. Whether you want to bid on a sparkly vintage headpiece or a romantic Honeymoon, there really is something for everyone and your money is guaranteed to make a difference to people's lives beyond your big day. "
Since launch, Oxfam's weddings range has raised over £1 million to help change the lives of vulnerable people living in poverty around the world. The Oxfam online wedding shop, which launched last year, offers a huge range of items needed for the big day including Oxfam Unwrapped wedding lists and favours. Brides can also visit one of Oxfam's 11 bridal boutiques to buy dream designer and vintage dresses all for bargain prices. Their online shop also includes a special ethical 100% silver jewellery collection, including elegant
bracelets, necklaces and earrings.
Lucy Tammam, ethical bridal designer adds: "I was delighted to design an exclusive dress for Oxfam. We have incorporated many traditional crafts done by our fair-trade producers in India to create this spectacular gown in various peace silks, organic and sustainable fabrics. We are sure the bride who wins this will be overjoyed."
For more information on the fabulous items available and details of the auction go to: www.ebay.co.uk/oxfam
Claire Wilkinson, Oxfam Press Office +44 (0)1865 473648 | +44 (0)7825 196769| email@example.com
Notes to Editors
- Other items up for auction include:
- Photography packages from Kat Hill, Fiona Kelly and Kat Forsyth.
- Video packages from Philip White and Shoot it Yourself.
- Free venue hire at Senate House.
- An exclusive consultation with Charlotte Balbier, including a vintage afternoon tea, and pick of any of her 50 wedding dress and accessories.
- Any Vintage Wedding Dress company dress from the Original Vintage collection or Decades Collection.
- Designer wedding gowns from Claire Pettibone, Joanne Fleming, Suzannah, Minna, Sally Lacock and Sabina Motasem.
- Bridesmaids dresses from Twobirds bridal, Luellas Boudoir and Maids to Measure.
- Groomwear from My Tuxedo and Tweedmans Vintage.
- Flowers from Hayford and Rhodes, Green & Gorgeous and Blooming Green Flowers
- Wedding cakes and sweets from Pop Bakery, Cake Maison, Elizabeth's Cake. Emporium, Crumbs couture, Maki's Cakes, Bea's of Bloomsbury and a 'cheese' cake from House of Cheese.
- Stationary packages from Sugalily, Vintage Love Stationary, Octavia Plum, Kate Gale, Cute Maps, August Moon, Tiny Card Company and Mandalay Wedding invitations.
- Hen parties including a decadent afternoon tea party at Fetcham Park worth £1500 from Idyllic Days, a Posh & Swanky cupcake workshop, a Seen on Screen dance party and a Vintage beauty party from A Most Curious Party.
- Wedding planning from Benessamy events, Quintessentially Weddings, Helen Carter Weddings and Post-script Events.
- Vehicle hire from Lovedub Weddings.
- Shoes from Rachel Simpson, Emmy and Aruna Seth.
- Accessories from Flo & Percy, Chocolate Couture, Susie Warner Jewellery, Britten Weddings, Vintage Headpieces, Hermione Harbutt, Ann Guise, HT Headwear, Kelly Spence, Jo Barnes Vintage, Connie and Dolly, Glass Oyster, Doris Designs, Chez Bec, Glida & Pearl and a 1940s-style coronet made from pieces sourced in Oxfam shops by Cherished Vintage (pictured in image provided).
- Make-up lessons from celebrity make-up artists Lina Cameron and Maggie Hunt, a hair and pampering session at Gielly Green and make-up kits from Bourjois.
Spa days at The Sanctuary and Titantic Spa.
- A 3-day holiday in a Honeymoon yurt, donated by Wedding Yurts, and an eco-chic Sawday's honeymoon to Ann's Hill in the Lake District.
- Wedding extras from Raw Chocolate Hearts, Wedding in a teacup, Shropshire Petals, Sweet Creations, Vintage Style Hire, Thread Styling, Belle & Bunty, The Vintage Drawer, Alphabet Bags, Karen Hardy studios, Saumerez Lingerie, Ell & Cee Lingerie and The Utterly Sexy Cafe.
- Please note: the Sarah Haywood and Peggy Porschen consultation also comes with signed copies of their most recent books, Sarah Haywood's 'Wedding Bible' and Peggy Porschen's 'Boutique baking'.
- Quotes also available from Rick Lay, manager of Oxfam Unwrapped, ebay spokesperson Laura Wilkinson and Ian Stuart.
- Stuff U Sell is the UK's leading eBay trading assistant, successfully selling for clients on eBay since 2004. www.stuffusell.co.uk
- Images of items available from the Oxfam press office.