Cookies on oxfam

We use cookies to ensure that you have the best experience on our website. If you continue browsing, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all our cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time. Find out more Close

Limited edition live Glastonbury 2016 album to be released on vinyl

18th Apr 2017

Cover and sleeve of the vinyl album Oxfam Presents: Stand As One - Live at Glastonbury 2016

A limited edition vinyl album featuring live tracks by some of Glastonbury 2016's biggest acts will be on sale in record shops from Saturday 22 April. Released to coincide with Record Store Day, the compilation album Oxfam Presents: Stand As One - Live at Glastonbury 2016 includes artists such as Coldplay, Muse and Foals.

The double album features coloured vinyl in a gatefold sleeve using artwork by artist and Radiohead collaborator Stanley Donwood.
 
Just 500 copies of the album will go on sale. The album is being released in support of Oxfam's Stand As One campaign with all profits donated to Oxfam's work with refugees around the world and to the Jo Cox Fund, which was set up after the tragic death of the MP and former Oxfam campaigner in June 2016.
 
Editors, Jack Garratt, Laura Mvula and New Order are also among the 19 artists who have donated a live track from their Glastonbury sets. 

Editors, who donated their track Munich, visited Greek refugee camps with Oxfam last September. Singer Tom Smith said: "Visiting the camps I was struck by the desperate situation families found themselves in. After leaving their homes and risking everything to embark on perilous journeys, crossing borders and seas, people are now left in limbo with no idea how long they will be there or where they will end up."  

Glastonbury co-organiser Emily Eavis said: "I'm so pleased that the live album is being released on vinyl. We want to do everything we can to help Oxfam raise money to support refugees, and it's a lovely bonus to be able to help get people along to their local record shop for Record Store Day too."
 
Oxfam's Stand As One campaign highlights the plight of the more than 65 million people who have been forced to flee their homes due to conflict, violence and persecution. The campaign calls on the UK Government to do more to ensure that refugee families separated while fleeing can stay together.

Mark Goldring, Oxfam GB Chief Executive said: "In this unique album, some of the world's top musicians have added their voices to the call to stand with vulnerable refugees. Just last month the number of Syrian refugees who have crossed the border in search of safety passed five million. I am so grateful to Glastonbury and all of the artists for supporting Oxfam's campaign to ensure that all those forced to flee get the help and protection they urgently need." 

Ends

For press images and video of the artists, or for more information, please contact Kai Tabacek on ktabacek1@oxfam.org.uk / 07584 265 077

Notes to editors:

  • Just 500 copies of the limited edition vinyl album will be on sale. Prices vary according to the retailer.
  • Oxfam Presents: Stand As One - Live at Glastonbury 2016 was originally released on CD and download on 4 August 2016. The artists involved are: Coldplay, Foals, The Last Shadow Puppets, Jeff Lynne's ELO, Chvrches, New Order, Years & Years, Jess Glynne, Muse, Wolf Alice, Editors, Sigur Rós, John Grant, Richard Hawley, Jack Garratt, Laura Mvula, Madness, Baaba Maal and Jamie Lawson. 
  • All profits from the album will be donated to charity with 75 percent going to Oxfam's Refugee Crisis Appeal supporting our work with refugees around the world. The remaining 25 percent will go to the Jo Cox Fund to be shared between three charities that were close to her heart.
  • The album is dedicated to the memory of Jo Cox MP, who worked with Oxfam for eight years and who campaigned tirelessly for refugees. The album is a collaboration between Oxfam, Glastonbury and Parlophone and all parties are proud to share profits with the Jo Cox Fund.
  • Oxfam works worldwide responding to the needs of hundreds of thousands of people who have been forced to flee conflict, disaster and poverty. This includes bringing safe water to people in Syria, building water systems in camps in Lebanon and Jordan, building latrines in Tanzania and providing food in South Sudan. 

For updates, please follow @oxfamgbpress