William Mark, Northampton, 1904, first edition, hardback, no dust wrapper, 8vo, pp293, 18 plates, 50 other illustrations and 9 fold-out pedigrees.
This is a detailed history of the Church of St Peter Northampton which, judging by its architecture, was probably erected around the year 1160, possibly on the site of a Saxon church mentioned in the Domesday survey of 1086-87. In writing about St Peter's, the two daughter parishes proved to be so closely connected with the mother church that it was impossible to separate the one from the others and so all were included.
Good condition. Brown cloth boards with gilt lettering and decoration to spine and front. Head and tail of spine are bumped and extremities are rubbed. Pages are uncut (see photos)and some unopened with scattering of foxing. Fold-outs intact and binding sound. Gift dedication on ffep.