From the Back Cover:
Whether you’re an accomplished musician or a student, Garageband is the most rewarding way to create, record, and mix your own music. In the only Apple-certified guide to GarageBand ’09, composer Mary Plummer shows you just how easy it is to turn your Mac into a full-featured recording studio. Plummer offers a complete course in all aspects of GarageBand—starting with the interface and Magic GarageBand, and moving on to recording and arranging a song, editing and mixing tracks, adding effects, and distributing your music files. Using practical step-by-step lessons and original music, you’ll learn how to record with an electric guitar, score a QuickTime movie, create an iPhone ringtone, jam with virtual musicians, and much more. The book also includes complete coverage of Garageband 09’s new Learn to Play feature, so you can learn piano and guitar through interactive video lessons from such artists as Sting, Norah Jones, Fall Out Boy and more.
• DVD-ROM includes lesson and media files for over 12 hours of training.
• Focused lessons take you step by step through practical, real-world projects
• Accessible writing style puts an expert instructor at your side
• Ample illustrations help you master techniques fast
• Lesson goals and time estimates help you plan your time
• Lesson review sections summarize what you’ve learned
The Apple Training Series is both a self-paced learning tool and the official curriculum of the Apple Training and Certification program. You can work through this book as a self-paced course or attend a class at an Apple Authorized Training Center.
Lesson files DVD included.
Pages good condition, little edge wear to cover.