Our shop at 17 Broad Street was the UK's first charity shop, proudly attested by a blue heritage plaque outside. Since the Oxford Committee for Famine Relief (Oxfam) opened the shop in 1948 we have traded continuously, staffed by Oxfam managers and a team of excellent volunteers. We are proud of this history and regard the shop as Oxfam's flagship shop.
We sell a variety of donated clothes, accessories, homewares, music, stamps, coins and postcards. We also sell New Products including Fairtrade food, gifts and greeting cards.
Because we are located in the centre of Oxford which is the heart of Oxford University our donors bring a wide diversity of quality second hand goods. Our wonderful team of volunteers support Oxfam mission selling from beautiful quirky vintage women clothing to a great good quality collection of vinyl on our basement floor.