A selection of programmes for musical plays and musical comedies performed at London theatres. Included in this lot are:
- 1928, Carlton Theatre (Haymarket), 'Good News - A Musical Comedy of American College Life' (Henderson)
- 1930, Prince Edward Theatre (Old Compton St.), 'Nippy' (Wimperis & Mayerl), starring Binnie Hale
- 1930, His Majesty's Theatre, 'The Yellow Mask' (book by E. Wallace), starring Bobby Howes
- 1930, Piccadilly Theatre, 'Here Comes the Bride' (book by Weston & Lee), starring Edmund Gwenn
- 1952, Saville Theatre, 'Gay's the Word' (Novello), starring Cicely Courtneidge, Lizbeth Webb, Thorley Walters
Condition is generally good, with expected wear and slight discolouration around the binding staples. The original owner has recorded viewing dates in pen in the top margin of the covers of the Prince Edward Theatre, Piccadilly Theatre and Saville Theatre programmes. The front cover of the His Majesty's Theatre and Saville Theatre programmes have a small tear on the right edge from the original breaking of the seal. The centre page of the Prince Edward Theatre programme has detached from the others but is not torn at all and every page is present. The programme for His Majesty's Theatre is in slightly less good condition, the front cover and centre page having detached from the single-staple binding, though all contents are still present. There are small tears at the top of the spine folds on every page except the centre one, although the tear on the front cover goes about two-thirds down the spine. The colour used on all the programmes is still bright.
All programmes contain various advertisements and all but the Carlton Theatre programme contain printed black & white photos.
Another set of musicals programmes for London theatres dated 1923-1927 are also for sale from us on this website.