A selection of programmes for revues performed at London theatres. Included in this lot are:
- 1923, Vaudeville Theatre, 'Rats!' (Andre Charlot's revue), starring Gertrude Lawrence
- 1923, Prince of Wales' Theatre, 'So This is London!' (C.B. Cochran's production of George M. Cohan's revue)
- 1923, New Oxford Theatre (Oxford St.), 'Little Nellie Kelly' (C.B. Cochran's production of George M. Cohan's revue)
- 1926, London Pavilion, 'Cochran's Revue (1926)', starring Douglas Byng, Hermione Baddeley, Florence Desmond, Ernest Thesiger, Leonide Massine (also as choreographer)
- 1928, The Alhambra (Charing Cross Rd.), programme for week commencing Monday May 7 1928, starring Billy Danvers, Georgie Wood, Sophie Tucker
- 1940, Comedy Theatre, 'New Faces' (Eric Maschwitz Revue), starring Bill Fraser, Charles Hawtrey
- 1945, Prince of Wales' Theatre, 'Fine Feathers' (Robert Nesbitt's new revue), starring Jack Buchanan, Ethel Revnell
- 1946, London Palladium, 'High Time!' (Val Parnell), starring Jimmy Jewell & Ben Warriss, Tessie O'Shea, Nat Jackley
Condition is generally good, with tight original stapled bindings only some small wear around page edges, mostly at the corners. There is some discolouration of the paper, predominantly around the staples, and the covers are slightly grubby. The 1928 Alhambra programme is in poorer condition - it is missing its cover, and the outer sheet's page fold has been ripped apart from where it is secured at the top staple, and its pages are more worn and discoloured. The 1926 London Pavilion programme has some brown spotting on the cover and a small tear along the binding, and pencil writing from a previous owner on the back cover. The 1946 London Palladium programme has a pencil note on the front cover recording the original owner's visit, but the coloured covers on this and the 1945 Prince of Wales' Theatre programme are still bright.
All the programmes also contain many adverts, as well as theatrical and comical columns.