The Terry-Thomas Collection is a set of six films, on six CDs, featuring British comedy actor Terry-Thomas. It consists of three Terry-Thomas films and three Ian Carmichael films, in two of which Terry-Thomas has a prominent role and in the third ( 'Brothers In Law' ) a featured role which lasts for around 10 minutes. These are:
1. Private's Progress (1956) Young undergraduate Stanley Windrush (Ian Carmichael) fails his army officer selection and is posted to a holding unit, under the command of Major Hitchcock (Terry-Thomas), where most of the soldiers are malingerers and drop-outs.
2. Brothers in Law (1956) The Boulting brothers' follow-up to their smash hit Private's Progress features many of the same cast. An inexperienced barrister (Carmichael) blunders through a succession of comic misadventures in and out of court.
3. The Naked Truth (1957) A group of celebrities, including politician Lord Mayley (Terry-Thomas) try to assassinate a reporter who blackmails them by threatening to publish embarrassing secrets in his magazine.
4. Too Many Crooks (1958) Bungling crooks kidnap a millionaire's (Terry-Thomas) wife, but he's glad to be rid of her and refuses to pay the ransom - so she gets her own back by helping them steal all his cash instead.
5. Make Mine Mink (1960) A group of eccentric misfits, led by Major Rayne (Terry Thomas), go on a spree, stealing mink coats for charity in a Robin Hood-style gang.
6. School for Scoundrels (1960) A timid company owner (Carmichael) is pushed around and loses his girlfriend to a dastardly rival. Salvation comes in the form of an unusual college dedicated to teaching students how to succeed through being manipulative and devious, and he sets about getting even with his enemies.
The pack has a slip case containing a fold out cardboard cover, with three hinged transparent plastic 'pages', each containing a separate DVD. The cover is in very good condition and has not been bumped or broken. All six discs are in excellent condition with no scratches.