He came, he conducted, he conquered everywhere he went ... that was the Italian conducting legend, Arturo Toscanini, who has probably had all of his fabulous recordings released, over the years, on both compact disc and vinyl. The RCA Victor Gold Seal recordings, are likely to be on the upper strata of all Toscanini recordings, simply because of their superb digital remastering, of the pick of the best quality originals (RCA was Toscanini's signed-for label, during his lifetime).
This compact disc, features Toscanini conducting various movements, from a variety of European composers, recorded between the late thirties, and the early fifties :-
1) Leonore Overture No.3, by Beethoven (rec.Nov 1939 ; 13:09)
2) Nabucco : Va, pensiero, by Verdi (rec.Jan 1943 ; 4:59)
3) The Moldau (Vltava), by Smetana (rec.Mar 1950 ; 11:07)
4) Romeo & Juliet : Scherzo, by Berlioz (rec.Nov 1951 ; 8:13)
5) Academic Fest. Overture, by Brahms (rec.Nov 1948 ; 10:14)
6) Ride of the Valkyries, by Wagner (rec.Jan 1952 ; 5:07)
7) La Boheme (excerpt), by Puccini (rec.Feb 1946 ; 4:28)
8) William Tell Overture, by Rossini (rec.Jan 1953 ; 12:02)
The CD is in EX- condition.