(full title is " Harp Music by John Parry (1710?-1782) ")
Signed (with a Welsh-language dedication) by Sioned Williams, dated 17 February 1983.
Welsh harp music-playing, and -compositions, are both very renowned and competitive, to this day ... soloist Sioned Williams, therefore, was a great talent to emerge, in this highly competitive field, in the Late Seventies. On this 1981 album, she plays a German-made harp, that was carefully produced, by a Munich-based craftsman, who at the time, was the only remaining hand-made harp-producer, in the world.
John Parry, is one of the most famous Welsh harp-music composers, of all-time. While his music showed a knowledge of 18C contemporaries, such as George Handel and Antonio Vivaldi, critically, it was very true to his Welsh roots. His reputation was sealed, by the legacy that he left to his birth-nation, with three publications for harp-music.
Side One : Harp Music by Parry, soloist Sioned Williams :-
1) Sonata No.1 in D major : i) Allegro ii) Andante iii) Gavotta.
2) "Torried y dydd" : Andante with three Variations.
3) "Dafaudd Gareg Wen with Variations".
4) "Of Noble Race was Shenkin" : Allegro moderato with four Variations.
5) Sonata No.2 in G major : i) Allegro ii) Siciliana iii) Allegro assai.
Side Two : Harp Music - Parry (conclusion) :-
1) Sonata No.3 in F major : i) Allegro ii) Musetta iii) Giga (Allegro).
2) "Calening" : Andante with four Variations.
3) "Gavotta in the 10th Solo of Corelli" : Allegro with seven Variations.
4) Sonata No.4 in F major : Allegro Con Spirito : Minuete (Allegro moderato with 4 Variations).
Records graded visually to RRPG grades (record/sleeve) EX/EX-.