We have to stress that you must train for Trailwalker. You need to prepare yourself both physically and mentally for this huge challenge. Whether you are a seasoned walker or a first-timer, the advice you will receive from all past participants is to 'train, train, train!'
Over the coming months we will do our best to prepare you for the challenge ahead however, in the mean time here are our top tips:
- Recruit a team that you know and like - 30 hours is a long time.
- Plan your training sessions in advance - get them in the diary.
- Train with your team as much a possible - you need to know how they react to physical and mental fatigue.
- Get well-fitted footwear - our partner Cotswold Outdoor do this for free.
- Train on hills - Trailwalker is the equivalent ascent to Snowdon and Ben Nevis.
- Train on different terrains - this will help prepare for the route.
- Go out in all weather - test your kit in the rain.
- Train on the route - this will help you mentally prepare.