Your company's skills and experience could support Women United, one of our many projects across the UK. It enables women who are affected by poverty to take up a placement in one of Oxfam's high-street shops for six months. Women develop valuable workplace skills in a retail setting, build their confidence and resilience, and make positive steps forward in their lives. Participants are matched with a professional coach to help them identify and work towards their personal goals, which can include paid work.
You and your teams can support the programme by:
- Offering work placements and 'world of work' tours
- Delivering development workshops, for example on communications or leadership
- Providing career development support on CV writing, job applications and interviews
- Using your coaching and mentoring skills to help women on their journey
- Being an inspirational speaker: sharing the story of your career.
Locations: Cardiff, Glasgow, London, Manchester and Oxford
Time commitment: Ranging from one day to a longer-term commitment
Number of people: We can provide opportunities for individuals and teams