Working in a unique Oxfam shop - we are situated in a former boutique and are aiming to live up to our surroundings! We sell womenswear, menswear (not hidden away at the back of the shop!), children's clothes & toys, "classy" homewares, accessories & jewellery.
We are aiming to open the shop 9:30-5:30 Monday to Saturday and potentially for 6 hours on Sunday. Ideally you will be able to commit for a minimum of 2 hours per week. Specific day(s) and times can be arranged around other commitments.
- Delivering excellent customer service
- Maintaining high standards of presentation
- Creating visually interesting displays
- Monitoring the shop floor & being vigilant to reduce thefts
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Reliability, honesty & integrity
- An eye for detail
- A willingness to work within Oxfam's values of Empowerment, Accountability and Inclusiveness
- An interest in retail & customer service
- An ability to work as part of a team
- An ability to work on own initiative
- An ability to work within shop guidelines & Oxfam procedures
- Good numeracy skills and confidence with cash handling
What this role can offer the volunteer:
Oxfam shop volunteers benefit in lots of ways. You will be joining tens of thousands of volunteers to show "we won't live with poverty".
The opportunity to:
- make a contribution towards Oxfam's work of achieving a just world without poverty
- develop your skills in a friendly and supportive environment
- build on your customer service skills, use your creative flair and learn from others within the team
- meet new people
- learn about Oxfam's work and enthuse about it to others
Lunch and travel expenses can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam's policy.
51 High Street
01590 670 743
Applications will be considered as they are received.
The shop manager will contact you as soon as possible and will arrange a convenient time for you to visit the shop and have a chat about volunteering.
As soon as you have had an initial chat with the shop manager and after receipt of suitable references, you can arrange a start date.