Milton Point Hub is the Southern Flagship operation for Oxfam Online Shop and it receives a high volume of quality donated clothing daily. The money we raise makes a vital contribution to Oxfam's work across the world.
Our team of volunteers works together to identify desirable items and create listings in order to offer them for sale online to a worldwide audience. This is a great opportunity to gain an insight into the operation of an on-line sales environment and will also appeal to someone with an eye for fashion. Depending on your skills and interests you can get involved in any stage of the process which includes: sorting donations; photographing items for the website; writing descriptions for the website; dispatching sold items; answering customer queries.
The specific times of the day you offer can be flexible but we ask volunteers to commit to a minimum of 4 hours per week.
Contribute to the process of getting donated stock onto the website and sold. This could include: taking part in quality checking; steaming clothing; photography; listing clothes onto the website; picking and packing items once sold; processing returns. Each of these roles is carried out by different volunteers, and we invite you to have a go at any that appeal to you.
Skills and competencies:
We will give you all necessary training but some of the following skills and interests would be helpful.
- An interest in clothing, fashion and retail.
- An attention to detail.
- Competent with basic use of computers and the internet.
- Basic photography skills.
- Technical garment experience would be highly desirable but not essential.
- A desire to learn or develop new skills in the field of online retail.
- Enjoyment from working in a positive and social environment for a good cause.
What this role can offer the volunteer:
- This is an opportunity to help Oxfam's mission of achieving a just world without poverty.
- Gain valuable experience within the relevant and rapidly growing online retail sector.
- Enhance commercial and technical knowledge of clothing and fashion.
- We also gain an interesting insight into the ways in which a broad range of donated stock is recycled.
- Gain an insight into how Oxfam re-sell, re-use, re-cycle donated textiles.
- Training, support and guidance from a dedicated and experienced online team.
- Lunch expenses and reasonable local travel costs can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam's policy.
Oxfam Online Deputy Manager MK
Oxfam Southern Logistics Centre
E-mail: Oxfamshopf8090@oxfam.org.uk and Smcginley1@oxfam.org.uk
Applications will be processed as they are received.
To be arranged to suit applicant.