- Finance Assistants (Newcastle upon Tyne)
- Office volunteer role (Oxfam Consults)
Oxfam Office Volunteer (Oxfam Consults)
Apply to volunteer with Oxfam Consults, a new initiative aimed at sharing Oxfam's expertise with the wider aid sector.
Oxfam is a movement of people from around the world who won’t live with poverty. We have two key aims:
- Responding to emergencies happening in the world now, giving vital support to people facing poverty due to conflict, climate change and natural disasters.
- Empowering communities to challenge and change systems that promote inequality, so together we can beat poverty for good.
Oxfam Consults is a new initiative aimed at sharing Oxfam's expertise with the wider aid sector. It offers a global network of professionals, with the ability to mobilise the right team at right time.
We can offer a range of volunteering arrangements that best suits your needs — the minimum requirement is either 1 day or 2 half days per week.
Please note that you must be aged 18 or over to apply for this role.
- Searching for commercial opportunities
- Drafting contracts
- Processing invoices
- Communicating with consultants
- Support with obtaining references for consultants
- Support with communication materials
- Proof-reading documents.
Skills and competencies
- Good basic numeracy
- Good attention to detail
- Basic knowledge of or a willingness to learn IT skills
- Organised approach to work
- Good team worker/good interpersonal skills
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to deal sensitively with people
- Enthusiasm to support Oxfam’s goals, commitment to Oxfam’s values of accountability, inclusiveness and empowerment.
What this role can offer the volunteer
- You will be joining thousands of volunteers who "won't live with poverty."
- Experience of working in office environment.
- Opportunity to utilise and develop your portfolio of skills and experience.
- Travel and lunch expenses can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam's policy.
- All necessary training is provided.
Please email for further information including an application form.
Applications will be considered as they are received.
To be arranged with applicant.
To be agreed with applicant.