Published in 1914, and 1917 respectively, both of these books are in fair condition. They were previously owned by the Priory Library at Sneaton Castle in Whitby, and hence have identification stickers on the spines, and ownership stamps on the inside. Both volumes have suffered some shelf wear as a result of their age, such as some moderate damage to the binding. Both books also feature ink notations throughout made by a previous owner. Volume I however does have a protective plastic covering.
Volume I features the stories of:
- The First Epistle of Clement to the Corinthians,
- The Second Epistle of Clement to the Corinthians,
- The Epistles of Ignatius,
- The Epistles of Polycarp to Philippians,
- The Didache, or Teaching of the Twelve Apostles,
- and The Epistle of Barnabas.
Volume II features the stories of:
- The Shepherd of Hermas,
- The Martyrdom of Polycarp,
- The Epistle of Diognetus.
Both volumes have been translated in English and verses are presented alongside the original Greek.