Smoke and Flames contains all the help and guidance you need to host the perfect barbecue--all you need to add are drinks and friends!
Whether you are cooking over a simple fire or using a high-powered gas grill, this book will guide you through the basics, from firing up to maintaining and controlling temperature. It then takes you through the cooking process, showing how to quick grill, slow cook, or smoke food, either by using a smoker or by converting your gas or charcoal barbecue for smoking. There is also a section on equipment, detailing all the gear you will need, from simple barbecue tongs to meat thermometers and cleaning tools. It's also important to keep safety in mind, so this book shows how to safely light and monitor the fire, as well as checking that food is prepared correctly and cooked thoroughly.
This fantastic collection of tasty barbecue recipes for easy outdoor cooking contains all the traditional recipes, as well as some more contemporary choices. There are 9 chapters, covering:
- Rubs & marinades, such as Cajun and BBQ spice rubs
- Beef dishes, including steaks, burgers, and brisket
- Pork & lamb dishes, with pulled pork, baby back ribs, sausages, and lamb skewers
- Chicken & turkey dishes, including wings, drumsticks, and breasts
- Fish & seafood dishes, with shrimp, salmon, lobster, and tuna
- Vegetable dishes, such as veggie burgers, grilled eggplant, and stuffed peppers
- Sides & sauces, including mayonnaise, hot sauces, coleslaw, and potato salad
- Drink, with homemade lemonade and cocktails
- Desserts, such as grilled peaches, fruit skewers, and s'mores
This is the comprehensive guide to making sure that your barbecue goes smoothly, with delicious, flavourful food a certainty!
CONDITION: As new. Very minor scuffs to covers.