A selection of programmes for musical plays and musical comedies performed at London theatres. Included in this lot are:
- 1923, Shaftesbury Theatre, 'Katinka' (Hauerbach & Davis), starring Binnie Hale
- 1925, Winter Garden Theatre, 'Tell Me More' (Gershwin), starring Claude Hulbert, Leslie Henson
- 1926, Gaiety Theatre (Strand), 'Lido Lady' (Rogers & Hart), starring Jack Hulbert, Cicely Courtneidge
- 1926, Palace Theatre, 'Princess Charming - A Romance with Music' (Wimperis & Wylie), starring George Grossmith
- 1927, Daly's Theatre (Coventry St.), 'Peggy-Ann' (Rogers & Hart), starring Dorothy Dickinson, Elsie Randolph
- 1927, The Palace, 'The Girl Friend' (music & lyrics by Conrad, Kahn, Rogers & Hart)
- 1927, Adelphi Theatre, 'Up With the Lark' (Furber & Carrick), starring Leslie Sarony
The condition of all programmes is good, with everything still tightly bound. The list of musical numbers in the Shaftesbury Theatre programme has been marked in pen and pencil by the original owner (giving their opinions of the songs!). The front cover of the Winter Garden Theatre programme is grubby and marked faintly with a ringed stain. The 1926 Palace Theatre programme, which is a single folded piece of card rather than a stapled paper programme, has a vertical fold down its centre. The Daly's Theatre programme has a horizontal tear about 3in long approximately halfway up the right edge (as seen from the front) on both the front and back covers.
All the programmes apart from the 1926 Palace Theatre one contain various advertisments and theatrical columns, and the Gaiety Theatre, Daly's Theatre and Adelphi Theatre programmes also contain a selection of printed black & white photographs.
Another set of musicals programmes for London theatres dated 1928-1952 are also for sale from us on this website.