17 Broad Street, Oxford, was the UK's first charity shop when it was opened by the Oxford Committee for Famine Relief in 1948, and has traded here continuously ever since. The shop was on the ground floor of the charity's offices, and the whole organisation officially changed its name to Oxfam - the telex address - in 1965. We are proud of this history, highlighted by the Blue Plaque outside the shop, and consider ourselves one of Oxfam's flagship shops.
We sell a huge variety of donated clothes, accessories, homewares, music, stamps, coins, pictures and postcards. We also sell New Products, including Fairtrade food and gifts, beauty products, diaries and calendars, as well as an excellent range of greeting cards.
We are in the heart of Oxford, and are lucky enough to receive a wide diversity of quality donations. Our wonderful team of volunteers from around the world supports Oxfam's mission by selling everything from eclectic vintage clothes to quality vinyl.
We look forward to seeing you!