The complete Matrix story is a 10xDVD set (35hrs) issued in 2004, including all three films, seven documentaries looking into the making of the trilogy and nine animated shorts based on the world of the Matrix. The cardboard loop which holds the discs in the box has a 3cm tear, but the box itself, DVD cases, booklets and discs are all in very good condition.
1. The hugely successful blockbuster 'The Matrix' (1999) stars Keanu Reeves as Neo, a young computer hacker who comes to believe that the world around him is not as it appears to be. With the aid of mysterious subversive Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne), Neo discovers that his whole existence as he knows it is a lie. Together with Morpheus' acolyte Trinity (Carrie-Anne Moss), Neo begins to fight back against the computerised hierarchy which is secretly manipulating the human race.
2. 'The Matrix Revisited' (2001) is a documentary about the making of 'The Matrix', featuring a look at the film's technical accomplishments, behind-the-scene footage of the stars Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Ann Moss and Laurence Fishburne, extracts from 'The Matrix Anime' and unseen material from the original movie.
3. 'The Matrix Reloaded' (2003) is the first of two sequels to the 2001 blockbuster. Keanu Reeves returns as Neo, who is once again joined by Trinity and Morpheus to continue their fight against the Machine Army - wearing their by now familiar long black overcoats and dark glasses. Zion, the last human city on Earth becomes the battleground as Neo discovers new super-human abilities, although things become complicated when he and Trinity embark on a serious romance.
4. 'The Matrix Reloaded Revisited' (2003) looks at the making of the first sequel, and includes extra scenes shot for the 'Enter the Matrix' game.
5. 'The Matrix Revolutions' (2003) is the final chapter of the film trilogy. Neo is still on the quest for truth, but his journey into the real world has left him drained of his power and trapped on a subway station caught between the Matrix and the Machine World. Meanwhile, Agent Smith (Hugo Weaving) is now totally out of control. With the oncoming threat imminent, the rebels manage to bargain Neo's freedom and begin their final quest for freedom in explosive battles within both worlds.
6. 'The Matrix Revolutions Revisited' (2003) chronicles the making of this final segment in the trilogy.
7. 'The Animatrix' (2003) fuses CG animation with Japanese anime in nine short films based on the world of the Matrix.
8. 'The Roots of the Matrix' (2003) is a two-part documentary probing the philosophical and technological insirations for the trilogy.
9. 'The Burly Man Chronicles' (2004) profiles the huge and varied community of people who worked together to create the films, including craftspeople, animators, actors and film crew members.
10. Finally, in 'The Zion Archive' (2004), production assets including concept artwork, storyboards, drawings, music videos and trailers are showcased. Also featured is a special preview of 'Matrix Online'.