Released in 2015 (barcode 5060262790595).
The recorder quintet Consortium5, winners of numerous awards and residences, present a programme of consort music that charts the early development of instrumental music in England. It "features music of the English renaissance and presents repertoire that has been central to our development as an ensemble. The pieces have become part of our story, perfomed many times in different situations, for different people and for different events."
"Consortium5 are a unique and ground-breaking recorder ensemble, performing a wide variety of music on a breathtaking array of instruments."
* Emily Bloom
* Kathryn Corrigan
* Oonagh Lee
* Gail Macleod
* Roselyn Maynard
Here, they perform on a set of ten Bassano consort recorders made by Adriana Breukink.
- 1. Galliard (Bassano)
- 2. In nomine II (Ferrabosco I)
- 3. In nomine IV (Byrd)
- 4. Coranto (Brade)
- 5. In nomine 'Howld fast' (Tye)
- 6. In nomine 'Crye' (Tye)
- 7. In nomine (Parsley)
- 8. Dovehouse Pavan (Ferrabosco II)
- 9. In Nomine 'Seldom sene' (Tye)
- 10. In nomine III (Parsons)
- 11. In nomine X 'Saye so' (Tye)
- 12. Fantasia III (Ward)
- 13. A Phancy (Blankes)
- 14. In nomine I (Ferrabosco I)
- 15. Coranto (Brade)
- 16. In nomine IX 'Re la re' (Tye)
- 17. [Almaine] 'The night watch' (Holborne)
- 18. Fantasia, 'The leaves be green' (Byrd)
- 19. In nomine XI 'Farewell good one for ever' (Tye)
- 20. Pavan V (Ferrabosco II)
- 21. Mrs Nichols' Almain (Dowland)
- 22. The Earl of Essex's Galliard (Dowland)
- 23. Captain Digorie Piper's Galliard (Dowland)
- 24. Fantasia I (Bassano)
- 25. In nomine (Gibbons)
- 26. Parsley's Clocke (Parsley)
- 27. Fantasia III (Bassano)
- 28. In nomine II (Eglestone)
- 29. Mr George Whitehead's Almain (Dowland)
- 30. Coranto 'Heigh ho holiday' (Holborne)
- 31. The Fairie-round (Holborne)
- 32. Fantasia (Coperario)
- 33. Pavan 'The funerals' (Holborne)
- 34. Coranta (Brade)
The composers being:
* Bassano, Jeronimo (1559-1635)
* Ferrabosco I, Alfonso (1543-1588) [aka. the elder]
* Byrd, William (c.1540-1623)
* Brade, William (1560-1630)
* Tye, Christopher (c.1505-1572)
* Parsley, Osbert (1511-1585)
* Ferrabosco II, Alfonso (1578-1628) [aka. the younger]
* Parsons, Robert (c.1535-1572)
* Ward, John (1571-1638)
* Blankes, Edward (1582-1633)
* Holborne, Antony (c.1545-1602) [aka. Anthony Holburne]
* Dowland, John (1563-1626)
* Gibbons, Edward (1568-c.1650)
* Eglestone, John (dates unknown)
* Coperario, Giovanni (c.1570-1626) [aka. Coprario, John Cooper]
Recorded in 2014 in The Robin Chapel, Edinburgh.
Playing time: 67:15.
Packaged in a standard jewel case, with a 16-page colour illustrated booklet in English (see photos for extracts). The disc is clean and unmarked. The booklet has been handled but is clean, unmarked, and uncreased.
A note about the images:
All images are photographs of the actual item on offer (not stock images): (1) the front cover of the booklet; (2) the rear of the case (where the reflection exaggerates flaws in the plastic that are otherwise invisible); (3,4) extracts from the booklet; and (5) the disc.