The Pontarddulais Male Choir was formed in 1960, in Glamorgan. In all, the Choir's 1960s achievements were three Firsts and three Seconds at the Royal National Eisteddfod of Wales, plus twice achieving the Triple Crown of victories at all three leading Welsh Eisteddfodau, in 1965 & '68.
On this 1969 album, the Choir perform nine selections, from as diverse as sources, as : Traditional Welsh Hymn fayre ; Richard Wagner ; Jean Sibelius ; and Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart ...
Side One :-
1) Llanfair (trad. hymn tune, by R & W Williams arr. Thomas).
2) Pilgrims' Chorus (from "Tannhauser", by Wagner).
3) The E-RI-E Canal (US folk tune, trad. arr. Forbes).
4) Finlandia (by Sibelius arr. Baldwin).
5) Nis Amddifedir Gennyf Fi ("I Will not Leave you Comfortless", by Byrd arr. A.T.D.).
Side Two :-
1) The Silver Birch (trad. arr. Sahnow-Alexandrov).
2) O Isis and Osiris! (from "The Magic Flute", by Mozart).
3) Viva Tutti (an Early English Glee, by anon. ed. Hunter).
4) Dies Irae (from "Requiem in D minor", by Cherubini).
Records graded visually to RRPG grades (record/sleeve) VG+/EX-.