Samuel Osborne Barber II (1910 – 1981) was an American composer of orchestral, opera, choral, and piano music. He is one of the most celebrated composers of the 20th century.
Gian Carlo Menotti (1911 – 2007) was an Italian-American composer and librettist. Although he often referred to himself as an American composer, he kept his Italian citizenship. He wrote the classic Christmas opera Amahl and the Night Visitors, along with over two dozen other operas intended to appeal to popular taste.
Alban Maria Johannes Berg (1885 – 1935) was an Austrian composer of the Second Viennese School. His compositional style combined Romantic lyricism with twelve-tone technique.
Paul Marie Théodore Vincent d'Indy (1851 – 1931) was a French composer and teacher.
1. Medea's Dance of Vengeance, Op 23a - Recorded in 1965 (12:33)
2. Adagio for Strings from String Quartet in B minor, Op 11 - Recorded in 1965 (9:03)
3. Second Essay for Orchestra, Op 17 - Recorded in 1965 (10:43)
4. Overture to The School for Scandal Op 5 - Recorded in 1965 (7:33)
5. "Andromache's Farewell," Op 39 - Recorded in 1963 (12:13)
6. Intermezzo from Vanessa (Act II), Op 32 - Recorded in 1960 (4:04)
Gian Carlo Menotti
7. Overture to Amelia al ballo - Recorded in 1961 (4:15)
8. Interlude from Wozzeck (Act III) - Recorded in 1960 (3:44)
9. Introduction to Fervaal, Op 40 - Recorded in 1961 (6:32)
The Cd was released in 1997.
The CD and accompanying booklet are both in excellent condition. The cardboard wrapper has a small surface tear at one edge, otherwise it is intact and in excellent condition. The plastic protective sleeve shows some signs of rubbing but is intact.