The full title of the work is: "The History and Antiquities of the Abbey Church of St Peter, Westminster: including Notices and Biographical Memoirs of the Abbots and Deans of that Foundation". 2 Volumes. Vol 1 (227 pages, plus 72 page account of King Henry the Seventh's Chapel, plus indices) published 1818; Vol 2 (304 pages plus indices) published 1823. For both volumes: Navy blue leather boards with gilt decoration. Spine has raised bands with gilt compartments and gilt titling. Boards have some scuff marks and minor staining. Rubbing to spine margins, all edges, and corners. All page edges gilt. Red endpapers, which have some staining. Pages tanned, with some staining and scattered foxing throughout. Whilst the title page of Vol 1 shows the date of publication as 1818, the Dedication to King George the Fourth which immediately follows the title page is dated February 15, 1823; and the Preface is dated March 15, 1823. Also, at the foot of the spine, there appears "London 1823" (which is the same as Vol 2, where the title page does show 1823 as the publication date). It is possible that the two volumes have been re-bound, and that the binder mistakenly believed that both volumes were published in 1823 (and hence dated Vol 1 1823 on the spine, and inserted the 1823 Dedication and Preface in the 1818 volume). For Vol 1 only: Plate XXVI fronting the title page is mostly loose from the binding (but still attached); there are some light pencil annotations (either the letter D or simply a short line) against some of the names in the list of subscribers. For Vol 2 only: there are some heavy stains to the leading margins of a number of pages. Overall very good condition for age. More photographs can be emailed on request, please contact email@example.com.