Beautiful cream floral dress, believed to be 1980s vintage, made by the Swiss luxury label, Akris.
There is no fabric label, so exact fabric and care are unknown, but is believed to be made from floral printed silk with a chiffon silk overlay. It has a straight skirt with a 6" split at the back, a round neckline and the underdress is sleeveless. Chiffon silk (we believe) overlays the dress with gathering at the waist, neckline and cuffs, creating a soft fall of pleats over the straight underskirt, stunning delicate gossamer sleeves and providing vibrancy to the bodice of the dress. The sleeves are a flattering 3/4 length. There is an invisible zip and hook fastening at the back. The chiffon overlay is fastened at the back with two poppers. The dress is stylishly completed with a green cumerband, with a velcro fastening, and two red floral brooches pinned on the right neckline.
We can see that this dress has been much loved and has seen a few parties in the past:
- there are marks to the cumerband fastening
- there are small marks to the crepe silk overskirt in the front and on the hem and a run in the chiffon at the front
- the neckline is a bit grubby
- there may have been 2 poppers added to the slash back which may not be original
- there is a slight rip/ threads loose at the top of the split at the back of the skirt
- the petticoat shows beneath the skirt at the front
This is a beautiful, stunning dress. Grab it now, once it's gone, it's gone.