Terms and conditions for Tag Your Bag
If you sign up for Tag Your Bag before 31 March 2020, you will receive 100 Nectar points. You'll also collect points if your donated goods sell before 31 March 2020 and they'll be worth 25% more to Oxfam thanks to Gift Aid.
By signing up to Tag Your Bag, you are agreeing that you:
- Want to Gift Aid any donations made to Oxfam now, in the future and in the past four years (but no earlier than 1 April 2015). You are a UK taxpayer and understand that if you pay less Income and /or Capital Gains Tax than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on all your donations in the relevant tax year, it is your responsibility to pay any difference. The Gift Aid claimed will be used to help fund the whole of Oxfam's work.
- Will contact us if you want to cancel or amend this declaration, if you no longer pay sufficient Income and/or Capital Gains Tax or if your address changes. We are required to hold your current home address to identify you as a UK taxpayer; if we do not have this we may be unable to claim the Gift Aid on your donations.
- Understand that Oxfam Activities Limited (OAL) will attempt to sell the items on your behalf and that a commission charge will apply. The rate of commission is set annually; at 1 April 2019 it is 3% (including VAT).
- Own, as an individual, all items provided for sale and that they were obtained legally.
- Allow OAL to sell the items in whatever manner it decides in order to maximise the value of the sale and to allow OAL to dispose of those items which in OAL's opinion have no saleable value and acknowledge that your items cannot be returned.
- Will be contacted up to twice a year to advise you that your items have sold and to confirm your consent that the proceeds of the sale can be donated to Oxfam. We will wait until the proceeds reach a minimum amount before contacting you.
- If you registered your Nectar card before 31 March 2020, you will receive 100 points on registration and points when your items sell. If we are not able to sell your items before 31 March 2020, you will not receive Nectar points for them.
- Your data will be processed by Oxfam and Oxfam Activities Limited, and also by our data processing supplier, operating under stringent data protection rules. We will not share your personal data with any other organisation without your permission (please see clause 8 above).
Please note shops in Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Jersey and Guernsey do not take part in this scheme.
How are Nectar points calculated?