Oxfam has reached more than 110,000 people in three locations with water, health and sanitation equipment.
Our response in Awerial (Lakes County)
- 229,000 litres of purified water provided daily
- 200 latrines, to be used by over 75,000 people, are almost completed.
- Plans to build 1500 latrines in total
- Demonstrations on how to use water purification tablets to over 5,000 people.
Our response in Juba
- We are delivering clean water inside the UN compound
- 60 latrines built. Plans to build 240 in total.
- Hygiene training
- Food aid provided to 6,350 people.
We strongly condemn the use of violent force against civilians, particularly women and children, and are calling on South Sudanese security forces and other armed groups respect human rights of all its people regardless of ethnic origin. Better protection of civilians, a cessation of hostilities and a committed peace process are urgently needed.
Oxfam's history in the region
Oxfam has been present in southern Sudan since 1983, providing humanitarian aid to victims of conflict, drought and floods, as well as long-term development assistance to some of the most vulnerable communities. Over this time, we've helped more than 500,000 people and we are committed to sustained assistance during this current crisis.
Donate to Oxfam's South Sudan response