This store – it means the world to me.”
Scott Woolgar, Oxfam Brighton Shop, UK
Oxfam shops in the UK
High street updates
When will shops re-open?
Oxfam shops that are currently closed will reopen when possible, in line with government guidance.
When high street shops are closed, the Oxfam Online Shop remains open.
Keeping our staff, volunteers and shoppers safe
When our shops reopen we will continue to work hard to ensure a safe shopping environment.
Social distancing for staff, volunteers and shoppers, will remain in place and we will be cleaning even more than usual, with hand sanitiser available in all shops.
What to do with donations
If your local Oxfam shop is temporarily closed, please hold on to your donations until our doors are open again.
- Donate clothes by post – you can donate clothes without going to your local Oxfam using our free postal donation scheme. Find out more and order your free mailbag.
- Clean things. Wherever possible, put clothes and textiles through the washing machine and wipe down solid surfaces
- Have a think about what items we can sell. Ask yourself, “Would someone I know buy this?” If the answer is “Yes”, we’d love to receive it.
- Call ahead when you’re ready to donate, to check the best time for your local shop.
- Stagger your donations, rather than bringing everything at once. We appreciate not everyone has lots of storage space and we’d be delighted to help clear your clutter from your home whenever the time is right and remember to bring your donations in bags or boxes which you don’t want back.
- Remember to Gift Aid your donation, this scheme allows charities to claim 25% extra on the sale of your donations. We will also let you know how much money your items have raised for our work which includes supporting people facing coronavirus around the world so don’t forget to tag your bag!
Volunteer with us
Each shop typically relies on a team of 30 amazing volunteers, alongside one or two staff members, to be open for business.
The recent crisis has meant that some of our regular volunteers aren’t able to come to our stores for the moment. We need your help now more than ever.
If you’d like to join one of our volunteering teams, please register your interest online.
Our online shop remains open – stocked full of second-hand gems, ethical gifts from Sourced by Oxfam and Oxfam Unwrapped charity gift cards.
Keep updated with the latest information regarding our shops and Oxfam Online Shop.