- About our partners
- The Oxfam Promise
David Azia / Oxfam
Oxfam GB's promise to you
Every donation, no matter how big or small, makes a difference. Without your help, we wouldn't be able to:
- Respond quickly to emergencies around the world.
- Help people to work themselves out of poverty.
- Campaign to change the things that keep people poor.
We will respect and value you
Wherever possible, we will talk to you in the ways that you prefer, adapting them to suit your needs. You can set or change your preferences at any time. If you don't want us to contact you, we won't.
- We will never share or sell your name, address or other personal information to third parties for marketing or fundraising.
- We are honest and transparent at all times. We acknowledge when we make mistakes and we put things right.
We will use your donation wisely
When it comes to running a huge world-changing operation, we make every penny count. We promise to:
- Administer your donation efficiently putting your gift to work quickly.
- Acknowledge and welcome all new supporters and provide information and insight about Oxfam's work.
- Use your donation wisely and responsibly. Wherever practical we will respect your wishes if you would like to allocate your donation to a particular area of our work.
- Keep you up to date on how your support is helping to change life for some of the world's poorest communities.
We will listen and respond to you
We love feedback and try to make it clear how you can get in touch with us. We will:
- Respond to you in an open, honest, courteous and professional way.
- Provide a response to your questions within three days (usually sooner) or let you know when you can expect a response if we need to obtain information from our offices overseas.
- We will acknowledge any complaints within two working days and respond fully within 14 working days via your preferred method of contact.
- Treat your details and what you've said to us in a safe, secure, sensitive and confidential way.
How does my donation or the money I have raised make a difference?
In the 2021-22 financial year, Oxfam reached more than 8 million people worldwide. This includes the 2.6 million people in East Africa who were given life-saving assistance. We helped improve lives in the long term, through projects that address people's right to be heard, sustainable food, gender justice, and more. We can't do it without the generosity of people like you.
Can I choose to donate money to a specific project, country or item?
When you donate to Oxfam, the money will be allocated to 'general funds' which allows us to focus on where the need is greatest and respond immediately to changing priorities and global situations. It is vital that we are able to spend money where it is most needed at any given time.
However, it is possible for you to specify if you would like your donation to be spent on a particular emergency appeal.
You can also buy specific poverty-busting items and activities through the Oxfam Unwrapped virtual gift catalogue.
Why does Oxfam spend money on fundraising?
We spend money on fundraising for the sole purpose of raising more money. For every £1 that we spend on fundraising we aim to raise £5.
Who can I contact about my experience with your fundraisers?
We always welcome feedback as they help us to improve and offer a better experience to our supporters. You can get in touch with our helpful Supporter Relations team on 0300 200 1300 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are getting in touch with feedback about one of our fundraisers, it would be extremely helpful if you could provide us with as many details as possible (date and time, location, fundraiser's description).
If you have other questions about Oxfam's fundraising, please get in touch with our helpful Supporter Relations team on 0300 200 1300 between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, or email us at email@example.com.