Support for educators
There’s a huge range of organisations and networks across the UK providing support for global citizenship education. Here are a few links which may be useful.
- The Global Dimension website has links to hundreds of global learning resources from different organisations and publishers, including Oxfam. They also have a monthly newsletter and a handy calendar of global days and events.
- The Connecting Classrooms through Global Learning (CCGL) programme offers a range of exciting opportunities in global learning for schools in the UK and many other countries.
- The Consortium of Development Education Centres (CODEC) is a network of local providers supporting and delivering global learning in schools and communities
- Our Shared World brings a large network of individuals and organisations advocating for and supporting the realisation of SDG4.7 across England by 2030, with the aim of creating a more sustainable, fairer, peaceful and resilient world.
- Oxfam Scotland supports the IDEAS Global Citizenship network and regional Global Learning Centres to implement global citizenship in schools.
- The Wales Alliance for Global Learning, chaired by the Welsh Centre for International Affairs, is a network of more than 70 organisations and individuals supporting the development of global learning education in Wales.
- Based in Belfast, the Centre for Global Education aims to raise awareness of global issues and encourage action towards social change – organising events, delivering training and producing education resources. Text goes here