Petterik Wiggers / Panos for Oxfam America
The rain is late now compared to last year.”
Birhan is farming in Ethiopia
We only have 9 years for the whole world to urgently and significantly reduce global carbon emissions. To prevent global warming from becoming a global catastrophe, creating human suffering on an unimaginable scale.
It’s not too late if we all take urgent action together.
What Can You Do?
Sign our petition
Sign our petition to Boris Johnson calling for urgent action, and share it on social media.
Young people are stepping up to the challenge”
Elizabeth Wathuti, climate activist, Kenya
Greener, Fairer Future Now
While the climate crisis is affecting us all, it’s hitting some communities worse – and it’s the people who’ve done the least to cause it who are suffering the most.
We’re standing with communities as they speak out for their right to a greener, fairer future. And supporting them with the resources they need to survive and thrive.
This is so anyone can access the support needed to recover from extreme weather, such as clean water on tap during a drought, or house insurance to help rebuild after homes are destroyed by floods.
This November, in Glasgow, world changing decisions will be made that have a huge impact on all of us. The UK will be hosting the 26th UN Climate Change Conference (COP26) attended by other world leaders and nearly 200 governments.
UK emissions are still well above what is sustainable, and we are among the world's biggest emitters. So, we have one of the biggest parts to play.
Andy Aitchison / Oxfam
- Join the World Climate March - The virtual march for climate justice
- Sign our petition to Boris Johnson calling for urgent action, and share it on social media
- Join an event at the Great Big Green Week, or even set one up yourself with friends and family
- Campaign for climate justice with Oxfam at this summer's festivals
- Join an Oxfam Student Network to take climate action at university
- Download our School Education Resources
- Write to your MP - guidance coming soon!
- Join the Constituency Campaigner Programme
- Download our Action Guide below