- Finance Assistants (Newcastle upon Tyne)
Finance Assistants (Newcastle upon Tyne)
Gain valuable work experience in the area of finance by assisting with the processing of shop income and expenditure for all of Oxfam's shops.
Oxfam Shops provide an essential source of income for Oxfam's work. In this role you will gain valuable work experience in the area of finance by assisting with the recording and processing of the shop income and/or associated expenditure for all of Oxfam's shops.
We can offer a range of volunteering arrangements that best suits your needs — the minimum requirement is either 1 day or 2 half days per week. We can also offer work placements which are agreed on an individual basis.
Please note that you must be aged 18 or over to apply for this role.
- Logging in, inputting and checking shop income returns.
- Bank reconciliation work.
- Processing gift aid information.
- Checking, inputting and paying invoices.
- Problem solving and dealing with queries.
- Customer care/phone answering.
- Opening, sorting and distributing mail.
Skills and competencies
- Good basic numeracy.
- Good attention to detail.
- Basic knowledge of or a willingness to learn IT skills.
- Organised approach to work.
- Good team worker/good interpersonal skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
What this role can offer the volunteer
- You will be joining thousands of volunteers who "won't live with poverty".
- Experience of working in a finance and office environment.
- Opportunity to utilise and develop your portfolio of skills and experience.
- Travel and lunch expenses can be reimbursed in line with Oxfam's policy.
Newcastle Finance Office,
4th Floor, Hadrian House,
Newcastle upon Tyne,
Please email for further information including an application form.
Applications will be considered as they are received.
To be arranged with applicant.
To be agreed with applicant.