Marks and Spencer and Oxfam Shwopping
Oxfam and M&S launched Shwopping to make it even easier to give your unwanted clothes a second life.
Every Shwopped item makes a difference and Oxfam knows how to make the most money out of every single item. Unwanted clothes donated by the public to Oxfam shops or in M&S stores are turned into millions of pounds every year – whether by selling them in our shops, selling them overseas or recycling them – nothing ends up in landfill.
There are two ways to go Shwopping
Radka Dolinska / Oxfam
1. Donate your unwanted clothes in Oxfam shops
Bring in your unwanted clothes and receive a £5 M&S voucher off a £35 spend on clothing, home and beauty products in M&S stores as long as your donation contains at least one item of M&S labelled clothing or M&S soft furnishings (excludes sale and clearance items) Terms and conditions
2. Donate your unwanted clothes to us at M&S
Next time you pop into M&S, put any item of clothing you no longer wear (even if it's not from M&S) into one of the 'Shwop drops'.
Here's what happens to your Shwopping donations
Since the partnership began in 2008 over 28 million garments have been donated in M&S and Oxfam shops, worth an estimated £19 million for Oxfam.
Clothes we can't resell or reuse are sold in bulk to reprocessing companies to be reborn as mattress filling or carpet underlay.
Oxfam and M&S are perfect partners. M&S knows Oxfam makes the most of every donation. And here at Oxfam, we know M&S is committed to reducing the number of clothes that end up in landfill - plus they're big supporters of our work fighting poverty.
However you choose to shwop - whether it's by bringing your unwanted M&S clothes to Oxfam or by dropping off your old clothes at M&S when you buy something new - it's an extremely convenient way to donate to Oxfam.
We've set ourselves the ultimate goal of recycling as many clothes as M&S sells - hundreds of millions of clothes each year!
Terms and conditions for Shwopping in Oxfam shops
You'll be given a £5 voucher when you make a donation to an Oxfam Shop and the donation contains at least one item of M&S-labelled clothing (including shoes, handbags, belts, hats and scarves) or M&S-labelled soft furnishings (bed linen, towels, cushions, curtains, throws, aprons, tablecloths and napkins). This offer does not include donations of the following M&S clothing: swimwear, underwear, socks, or damaged or soiled items. Only one voucher will be issued per visit.
Vouchers are subject to M&S's terms and conditions which are detailed below.
- The voucher entitles you to £5 off when you spend £35 or more on clothing, home and beauty products in participating M&S stores, excluding sales and clearance items.
- In the Republic of Ireland the voucher entitles you to €7 off when you spend €50 or more on clothing, home and beauty products and is valid in participating Marks & Spencer stores in the Republic of Ireland, excluding sales and clearance items.
- Only one voucher can be used for each transaction of £35 (€50) or more.
- The voucher is redeemable only during the calendar month stated on the voucher.
- The voucher is not redeemable against sales and clearance items, Gift Cards and vouchers, Schoolwear, M&S tailoring services, Made to Measure shirts, Personalised Cards, M&S Energy and M&S Money products and services.
- The voucher is valid in selected Marks and Spencer stores in the UK and Channel Islands (excluding M&S Stores located in airports, railway stations, motorway services, hospitals and at BP Connect as well as M&S cafe, M&S Food to Go takeaway counters, Delis, Kitchens and Restaurants).
- The voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other M&S discount voucher or code.
- Discount will be applied after any other applicable M&S promotions.
- Valid in store on presentation of the original voucher at the till at the time of purchase (voucher must be handed in on redemption).
- Spend £35, save £5 offer can only be redeemed once in store by the same account holder within the period of validity (even if you have more than one voucher code).
- The voucher can only be used once in a single transaction in store.
- One voucher only per transaction.
- Voucher is strictly non-transferable and cannot be sold or exchanged for cash.
- Placing this voucher for sale/auction on any website is strictly prohibited and renders the voucher void.
- Cannot be used to pay Credit Card or Chargecard balances.
- Refunds will take into account this discount and no credit will be given for the value of the voucher.
- Marks & Spencer reserves the right to reject the voucher/code with reasonable cause.
- M&S cannot accept responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged vouchers.