What you can donate
Our shops are currently required to isolate donations before they process them. If you wish to make a large donation we advise calling ahead to confirm when your local shop will have space to store your items for the required time period. This allows us to keep our staff, volunteers and customers safe whilst making the most of your generous donations. You can find your local shop’s details here. Thank you for choosing to donate to Oxfam.
What we can sell
- Good quality, clean clothing and shoes (including vintage and retro items, and even bras!)
- Bags and accessories
- Valuable items
- Music (CDs, vinyl, DVDs, Blu-rays, musical instruments and sheet music)
- Homewares: china, kitchenware, ornaments, pictures, collectables
- Soft furnishings: small rugs, linen, curtains (must be clean and in good condition)
- Knitted items and blankets
- Toys and games
- Wedding dresses and accessories
- Mobile phones
- Stamps and coins
What we can't sell
- Electrical goods that run off the mains (a few shops do accept these, so please check before donating)
- Medical equipment
- Anything broken, dirty, incomplete or unsafe
- Single computers (but we would be happy to hear from your company if you would like to donate multiple units)
- White goods (cookers, washing machines etc)
- Safety headgear (e.g. motorcycle crash helmets)
- There are some other items that we cannot sell for safety or legal reasons. If in doubt, please ask your local Oxfam shop before donating.
- Identifiable work/school uniforms
Please donate anything else you think will raise money for Oxfam. Be imaginative! But if you're still unsure then please ask your local Oxfam shop, or call Shop Support on 0300 200 1333.